Still looking for more? Below are books, prayer guides, and websites where you and your family can learn more about different mission’s history, what’s happening today, and personal lives of missionaries through the ages.
• Adult Resources - Books
Biographies and Autobiographies
- Gladys Alward: The Little Woman by Gladys Alward and Christine Hunter
- Letters and Papers from Prison by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Small Woman by Alan Burgess
- Superplan: A Journey into God’s Story by Chris Clayman
- Amy Carmichael: Let the Little Children Come by Lois Hoadley Dick
- The Life and Diary of David Brainerd by Jonathan Edwards (Editor)
- Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot
- Jungle Pilot: The Story of Nate Saint, Martyred Missionary to Ecuador by Russell T. Hitt and Stephen F. Saint
- There’s a Sheep in My Bathtub by Brian Hogan
- What’s That in Your Hand? God and Pool – The Gospel Trick Shot Story by Steve Lillis
- Mary Slessor of Calabar: Pioneer Missionary by W. P. Livingstone
- In the Land of Blue Burqas by Kate McCord
- Eric Liddell: Pure Gold by David McCasland
- Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas
- Peace Child by Don Richardson
- End of the Spear by Steve Saint
- Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret by Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor
- To China...with Love by Hudson Taylor
- Revolution in World Missions: One Man’s Journey to Change a Generation by K.P. Yohannan
Missions and Evangelism - Theology and Practice
- On Being a Missionary by Thomas Hale
- Woman to Woman, Sharing Jesus with a Muslim Friend by Joy Loewen
- Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not-Evangelism by Carl Medearis
- What in the World is God Doing? The Essentials of Global Missions by C. Gordon Olson
- Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by J.I. Packer
- Finish the Mission by John Piper and David Mathis (Editors)
- Let the Nations Be Glad! The Supremacy of God in Missions by John Piper
- The Challenge of Missions by Oswald J. Smith
- The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns
- Miraculous Movements: How Hundreds of Thousands of Muslims are Falling in Love with Jesus by Jerry Trousdale
- Out of the Comfort Zone by George Verwer
- The Light to the Nations by Michael Goheen
- Missional Teaching by John Franke
- Ethnicity: The Nations, Tongues, and Faiths of Metropolitan New York by Chris Clayman and Meredith Lee
- Operation World : The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation by Jason Mandryk
Adult Resources – Online
- Ask A Missionary: https://askamissionary.com/ - Real Q&A with real missionaries about real life, helping you to find out where you might fit in God’s global plan.
- Thrive Connection: https://thriveministry.org/connection - A daily devotional to encourage women in their faith and life overseas.
- Wycliffe: https://www.wycliffe.org/resources - A tab on the website of Wycliffe Bible Translators, including Bible and language resources; videos; prayer tools; and a discovery center to learn about people, languages, and cultures around the world.
• Children’s Resources – Print and Media
- Christian Heroes: Then & Now (book and audio series) by Janet and Geoff Benge
- Heroes of the Faith (book series) by Barbour Publishing, Inc.
- The Torchlighters Heroes of the Faith (DVD series) by the Christian History Institute
- Ten Boys Who Changed the World by Irene Howat
- Ten Girls Who Changed the World by Irene Howat
- Hero Tales: A Family Treasury of True Stories from the Lives of Christian Heroes (book series) by Dave and Neta Jackson
- Little Lights (series) by Catherine MacKenzie
- Trailblazers (series) by Catherine MacKenzie
- Heroes for Young Readers (book series) by Renee Taft Meloche and Bryan Pollard
- Missionary Stories from Around the World by Betty Swinford
- Window on the World: An Operation World Prayer Resource by Mollie Wall
• Children’s Resources – Online
- Kids of Courage: https://www.kidsofcourage.com/ - A website of Voice of the Martyrs, including information about believers around the world, as well as activities, videos, and downloads.
- Wycliffe (kids tab): https://www.wycliffe.org/resources/kids - A tab on the website of Wycliffe Bible Translators, including activities, recipes, and country information – just for kids!