Last year we began a parent small group called "Parent Prayer Group" in order to attempt to connect parents for mutual encouragement, parenting help, and prayer. We were tremendously blessed by those who came and the relationships that were built because of the group and are even more excited to let you know about the group for the fall! We are now calling the group, The Lifeline. Every meeting will have two main components:
First, the "workshop" portion will consist of a special speaker or professional in a field leading a discussion on teens, parenting, or another applicable topic such as anxiety, gender dysphoria, or substance abuse.
Second, the "fellowship" portion facilitates small groups that discuss the workshop topic and seek to connect you to each other so you know you are not alone! Finally, we believe in the power of prayer, both for each other and our children, so we want to spend time seeking the Lord together.
We will meet on the first Friday of every month and would love to have you join us, no pre-registration is needed! Come and find encouragement and support from others who are dealing with similar joys and trials!
as we update topics and schedule special speakers we will update the calendar below:
- Nov 2: Connect movie by Kirk Cameron
- Dec 7: "Addictions & Parenting" -- Tim Stanley, Pastor of Outreach, HGC
- Jan 4: "Principals of Parenting Teens" --Jake Minnema, Pastor of Student Ministry
- Feb 1: "Anxiety and Depression - What every Parent should know"-- by Dr. Mohab Hanna, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Mar 8: "Gender &Sexuality" -- by Dr. Andy Mercurio, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Apr 5:
- May 3:
- June 7: